Monday, March 14, 2005

Xten vs. Skype 

I never liked the Xten. I sometimes tried it, but it gave me always the impression that I am to stupid to operate and configure it. On the other side I am sure I am not stupid ;-) Xten has the second worst user interface after the MS Messenger, but the Messenger is at least easy to configure. Xten has also a very bad audio, as has been demonstrated in the call between the IETF and VON.

So I was really happy to see the recent entry from Martin, he clearly explained the problem, giving another reason why Skype is so sucesselful. Now I am really sure I am not stupid ;-)

BTW, I also have now a SkypeIn number in Washington, DC.

Comments:
Richard, I for one am not interested in having the likes of the ex-Kazaa group as my only choice, which is what you are advocating. Check out www.ineen.com, Xten's software offered for free with nearly zero config, quality is excellent in my opinion. Btw, Yahoo! looks to be using Xten as well.
 
Richard, I for one am not interested in having the likes of the ex-Kazaa group as my only choice, which is what you are advocating. Btw, Yahoo! looks to be using Xten as well. Check out www.ineen.com, Xten's software offered for free with nearly zero config and the quality is excellent in my opinion.
 
Sorry about the double post.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?